Electrical & Controls Engineer
NOVAIR – Simplifying Oxygen Nitrogen, Medical Air and Vacuum
NOVAIR USA Corporation, a member of family owned, Paris-based NOVAIR Groupe, is headquartered in North Tonawanda, New York, USA, between Niagara Falls and Buffalo. NOVAIR is the leading global manufacturer of quality American-made oxygen generators, nitrogen generators, gas separation systems, and healthcare air & vacuum equipment. Our equipment helps fill cylinders for first responders, ambulance services, veterinary clinics and others that save lives, as well as for those companies seeking to significantly boost industrial output with economical eco-friendly solutions. Our 42,000 square feet facility was the first factory in New York State to be awarded a “Green Building” Certification by the USGBC (United States Green Building Council) in 2007. See more at www.novair-usa.com.
NOVAIR USA Vision, Mission, and Values
NOVAIR USA’s MISSION – Novair USA Corporation provides reliable onsite gas generating solutions to save lives and improve industrial processes worldwide.
NOVAIR USA’s VISION – To be the world’s top-ranked onsite healthcare and industrial gases provider in quality, customer, and employee satisfaction.
NOVAIR USA’s VALUES – NOVAIR employees have CHARM:
JOB TITLE – Electrical & Controls Engineer
JOB LOCATION – North Tonawanda, NY
JOB SUMMARY – Duties include but not limited to:
- Design electrical and control circuits, componentry and systems in conformance with UL, CE /ISO, CSA, and NEC standards, and specify system components to ensure conformance with UL & NEC requirements
- Oversee the companies UL certifications and work with inspectors to ensure compliance
- Ensure compliance with specifications, codes or customer requirements by assisting with manufacturing activities
- Work with the Engineering Manager on all aspects of design
- Develop and program PLCs, HMIs, and other computer based systems using programming tools provided by the company
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public–Confer with other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
WORK EXPERIENCE – The ideal candidate will have 3+ years hands-on experience with:
- Electrical motors, starters, contactors, breakers and transformer sizing and selection
- Electrical design and control panel layout
- Automation Direct, Siemens, and PLC and HMI interface programming
- Internet communication protocols
- UL / CSA / CE / NEC standards as they apply to electrical and control equipment
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing and maintaining safety initiatives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Solidworks, CAD 2D or 3D software fluency
SOFT SKILLS –
- Take-charge personality
- Self-directed & self-motivated
- Strong desire to work with owner directly in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to make change happen
- Put policies & procedures in place
- Strong relationship development skills
- Ability to collaborate within division
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED – Success will be measured by specific quantitative goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. A low level of independent responsibility is involved in carrying out physical activities. Overall level of physical activity is light.
EQUIPMENT USED – Computer, keyboard, scanner, phone, copier
- Electrical Engineering diploma or degree required
- Minimum 3+ years in similar position
COMPENSATION – TBD
BENEFITS/MEDICAL – Yes, in most cases, (please see attachment if present).
PERSON IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT – Nick Walker
DISCLAIMER – The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The above statements are not meant to be all inclusive. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.